Multiple Choice Questions - SQL Server Backup & Restore
1. You can estimate the size of a full database backup by using the . . . . . system stored procedure.
2. SQL Server has the ability to encrypt the data while creating a backup.
3. SQL Server 2012 databases have three kinds of file types associated with them:
A) database files, transaction log files and FILEGROUPS
B) database files, transaction log files and DATA files
C) database files, transaction log files and SNAPSHOT files
D) database files, transaction log files and FILESTREAM files
4. A production database can use the Full recovery model and immediately before a large data load, the recovery model can be changed to Bulk-Logged to minimize logging and increase performance.
5. Following are the backup types in SQL Server 2014:
A) Full database backups
B) Differential database backups
C) Partial backups
D) Differential Partial backups
E) Copy-only backups
F) All of above
6. Beginning with SQL Server 2012 the PASSWORD and MEDIAPASSWORD options are discontinued for creating backups. Also you cannot restore backups created with passwords.
7. Following recovery model gives you the most protection against data loss.
A) Full recovery
D) All of above
8. SQL Server 2014 supports file and file group backups for all recovery models including simple recovery.
9. Table-level backups can be created in SQL Server.
10. During a backup, most operations are possible; for example . . . . statements are allowed during a backup operation.
D) All of Above
1)c, 2) a, 3) d, 4) a, 5) f, 6) b, 7) a, 8) a, 9) b, 10) d